Cardiologist Compensation and Opportunity Equity
"Fairness and equity in both compensation and access to opportunity are critical to the health and future of the cardiovascular workforce," according to the 2019 ACC Health Policy Statement on Cardiologist Compensation and Opportunity Equity.
The Policy Statement, which focuses exclusively on cardiology, outlines a set of principles for the development of compensation plans that advance equity in both compensation and access to opportunity.
In addition, the document includes a set of considerations in creating and implementing plans, including discussion of plan components, and leadership responsibilities for both compensation and opportunity equity.
The tools below are intended to provide tangible means of incorporating these considerations and principles as relevant into practice.
- Cardiologist Compensation Plans: Principles and Implementation (slide set)
- Designing and Implementing a Cardiology Compensation Plan (slide set)
- Compensation Guidance For Cardiologists (text)
- Sample Compensation Plans (text)
- Selected Bibliography (text and web links)
- Case Studies
- Salary Calculator
Read the 2019 ACC Health Policy Statement on Cardiologist Compensation and Opportunity Equity to find out more about ACC's compensation equity policy development.