ACC Asia 2023
TRANSFORMING GLOBAL HEALTH TOGETHER
United by our shared commitment of transforming cardiovascular care, the American College of Cardiology (ACC) and the Philippine Heart Association invite you to join us for an innovative educational experience that will strengthen your everyday practice. ACC Asia 2023 is designed to deliver an engaging forum to critically examine evidence-based strategies as well as contemporary best practices and clinical decision-making to reach our common objective of improving heart health of patients with cardiovascular disease.
Attend this conference and you will:
Challenge the norm: Discuss, share and critique the latest in cardiovascular prevention and care with GLOBAL EXPERTS and return to your practice ready to improve the care of your patients.
Lead the way: LOCAL LEARNING designed to empower you to transform your community through topics such as top clinical trials, guideline updates and health equity and disparities, as well as the latest in electrophysiology, heart failure and cardiomyopathies, interventional and ischemic heart disease, multimodality imaging, prevention and health promotion, and valvular heart disease.
Power your mind: Find PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS for everyday problems by using real-world approaches to guideline-driven care. Challenge your knowledge in participant driven sessions such as Rapid-Fire ECG and Imaging Interpretation.
Ignite conversation: Network with faculty from leading cardiovascular societies around the world in an intimate setting and CREATE CONNECTIONS with colleagues through shared discussion and bi-directional learning.
PLUS: Enjoy the benefit of ACC International Associate membership for 1 year included with registration.
Strive to be your best and join us in our vision of a world where science, knowledge and innovation optimize patient care and outcomes.
This conference is intended for practicing cardiologists, fellows-in-training, nurses, pharmacists and other members of the cardiac care team in the Asia-Pacific region.
CONFERENCE OVERALL GOAL
The overall goal of this conference is to examine emerging trends and evidence-based strategies as well as contemporary best practices resulting in guideline-driven, practical cardiovascular prevention and management for patients with cardiovascular disease.
- Demonstrate appropriate interpretation of cardiovascular guidelines and diagnostic strategies needed in daily practice.
- Identify the latest strategies in multi-modality imaging such as echo and CMRI.
- Describe the best practices in the treatment of patients with heart failure.
- Identify prevention strategies for treating cardiovascular disease including managing diabetes and hypercholesterolemia.
- Apply the latest evidence to the evaluation, medical management, and surgical treatment of patients with valvular heart disease.
- Evaluate current treatment strategies in the investigation and management of coronary artery disease.
- Identify best practices for the management of patients with atrial and ventricular arrhythmias.
- Recognize emerging trends and contemporary approaches in evolving CV disease or management considerations, particularly care of the female CV patient.
Click on the Register Now! button above for more details on each registration type and to register today!
Registration includes full access to the conference with engaging scientific sessions, abstracts, challenging clinical case discussions, an interactive learning lab, expo and more!
|Until 15 September
|16 – 30 September
|Residents & Allied Health Professionals
|Nurses & Medical Students
Don't miss our plenary sessions:
- Innovation in Cardiology: What Is It and How Will It Impact Care in 2025 and Beyond?
- Top Clinical Trials to Impact Your Practice
- STEMI Care Around the World: Successes, Pain Points and Evolution
Ronald Cuyco, MD
Fred M. Kusumoto, MD, FACC
Conference Vice Chairs
Rodney Jimenez, MD
Eugene Yang, MD, FACC
Michael-Joseph Agbayani, MD
Erlyn Demerre, MD
Timothy Dy, MD
Ronaldo Estacio, MD
Erdie Fadreguilan, MD
Agapito Fortuno Jr., MD
Eddieson Gonzales, MD
Wilbert Allan Gumatay, MD
Kwan S. Lee, MD, FACC
Paul J. Mather, MD, FACC
Purvi Parwani, MD, FACC
Vera H. Rigolin, MD, FACC
Lourdes Ella Santos, MD
Simonette Kristine Sawit-Rodrigo, MD
Myla Gloria Supe
Edwin Tucay, MD
Jude Erric Cinco, MD
Saturnino Javier, MD
Eleanor Lopez, MD
Eugenio Reyes, MD
Challenging Clinical Case Discussions
Join subject matter experts in engaging discussions on real life cases submitted by attendees. These sessions will offer high interactivity for participants using an open Q&A forum.
Personalized Skills Area (iPads)
Learn at your leisure and sharpen your core cardiology skills with Heart Songs and ECG Drill & Practice. These modules provide a uniquely dynamic learning opportunity you won't want to miss!
Heart Songs 5
Research reveals that cardiologists fail to identify more than half of basic murmurs and about 35 percent of advanced murmurs when challenged at a major medical meeting, but skills improved after a 90-minute Heart Songs training session. Heart Songs 5 provides you with everything you need to effortlessly improve your cardiac auscultation skills! Heart Songs 5 will help you:
- Prepare for the cardiac exam of the future by learning the complementary role of handheld echo in the bedside detection of heart sounds. Heart Songs 5 includes basic, intermediate, expert, and adult congenital murmurs, plus images of phonocardiograms, CT scans and videos of color Doppler echocardiograms. These visual enhancements will facilitate your understanding and mastery of many heart murmurs/sounds.
- Master cardiac auscultation by reviewing the auditory characteristics and handheld echo findings of each heart sound.
First, pick a track and assess your baseline skills by taking a confidential pretest. Then simply view videos featuring classic heart murmurs accompanied by phonocardiograms and color Doppler echoes. Each video includes hundreds of repetitions of its murmur, and studies show that simple repetition is all you need to master a new sound. Watch the videos as many times as necessary to see a significant improvement on your posttest scores (most people need to watch 2 to 4 times). Each Heart Songs track takes approximately 30 minutes to complete, and sessions are self-paced.
Heart Songs makes sure you know what your stethoscope is telling you!
ECG Drill & Practice
Improve your ECG interpretation skills with ECG Drill & Practice. This program reviews key findings in clinical electrocardiography and contains a self-assessment ECG test, featuring the format and answer options similar to those of the ABIM's certifying examination in cardiovascular disease. It's a great resource for anyone preparing for initial Board certification in CV disease and for anyone looking to hone their ECG interpretation skills.
Three convenient modes let you use this product in whatever way best meets your needs.
- Learn Mode: Teaches you how to recognize & differentiate ECGs across the topics above.
- Drill & Practice Mode: Shows you ECG "flash cards" that you can practice interpreting. Turn each card over to see the answer and explanation.
- Perform Mode: Practice interpreting ECGs using the ABIM's interpretation list. Receive detailed commentary on how your answer compares to the experts'.
Brush up on a core cardiology skill with ECG Drill & Practice's 100+ ECGs and expert insight!
Join ACC Asia chapter teams – each made up of three Fellows in Training (FITs) – as they test their clinical knowledge during the FIT Jeopardy sessions at ACC Asia 2023!
FIT Jeopardy is a friendly competition that promotes a healthy rivalry between ACC international chapters, fosters FIT engagement within the chapters, and provides educational value to the contestants and audience. Participants will be quizzed on a variety of topics ranging from imaging, prevention, and interventional cardiology in an unconventional manner. There will be a panel of judges and chairs to moderate the competition.
Three ACC Asia chapter teams will compete at ACC Asia 2023 and the winning team will compete at the ACC.24 competition in Atlanta, Georgia in April 2024!
Below are the cases that will be presented on Friday, 29 September and Saturday, 30 September in our challenging case discussion sessions. You can also click here to download a PDF.
Below are all the posters that will be presented on Friday, 29 September. You can also click here to download a PDF.
Below are all the posters that will be presented on Saturday, 30 September. You can also click here to download a PDF.
The American College of Cardiology and Philippine Heart Association is pleased to invite you to support this innovative educational initiative. We consider supporters like you to be an important part of this conference, providing our attendees the opportunity to gather useful information about your products and services and further enhancing their knowledge and overall conference experience!
Multiple opportunities exist to support ACC Asia 2023 through sponsorships and exhibitor presence. Click here to see the full conference prospectus, which contains details on all sponsorship opportunities. If you have any questions regarding sponsorship, please contact Shailendra Shukla at firstname.lastname@example.org.