ACC Recognizes World Kidney Day
ACC.19 Abstracts Highlight CKD and CV Disease Link
The ACC is participating in the health awareness campaign for World Kidney Day on March 14. The 2019 World Kidney Day theme is, "Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere," and aims to promote universal health coverage for prevention and early treatment of kidney disease. The initiative also emphasizes that simple lifestyle changes can have a huge impact on chronic kidney disease development and progression. To take part in the conversation on Twitter, use the hashtag #WorldKidneyDay and follow @ACCinTouch.
In addition, more than 20 abstracts highlighting how chronic kidney disease or acute kidney injury are linked to cardiovascular disease will be presented during ACC.19 in New Orleans, LA.
The following abstracts are a selection of the kidney-disease focused research being presented at ACC.19:
- Treatment of Periodontal Disease Significantly Affects the Rate of Cardiovascular Events in Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease
- Oral Anticoagulation Underused And Aspirin Overused For Atrial Fibrillation With Advanced Chronic Kidney Disease Status
- The Impact of Chronic Kidney Disease and Anemia Upon Outcomes in the Revascularized Patient Population
- Residual Inflammatory Risk in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- Hypertension in Mild to Moderate Chronic Kidney Disease and the Relationship between Depression, and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder of a Predominantly Middle-Aged Population
- Statin Therapy Among Chronic Kidney Disease Patients Presenting With Acute Coronary Syndrome
Keywords: ACC19, ACC Scientific Session Newspaper, Renal Insufficiency, Chronic, Acute Kidney Injury, Kidney
< Back to Listings