ACC Submits Comments to CMS on FY 2024 IPPS Proposed Rule
The ACC submitted formal comments to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on June 6, providing feedback and raising concerns on several topics addressed in the fiscal year (FY) 2024 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Proposed Rule.
Highlights from the letter include:
- Support for new Medicare-Severity Diagnosis-Related Group (MS-DRG) to address concomitant aortic valve replacement and mitral valve replacement with surgical ablation as well as urging to expand this concept even further than proposed
- Support for new MS-DRG for intravascular lithotripsy with request to investigate if same should be done for atherectomy procedures
- Feedback provided on modifications made to the new technology add-on payment process and eligibility policy
- Support for additional graduate medical education at rural emergency hospitals
- Feedback on health equity scoring being added to the Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program
Access the full comment letter here. The FY 2024 IPPS Proposed Rule can be found here. For additional information, view the CMS press release and the fact sheet. Those interested can submit their own comments to CMS by Friday, June 9. The final rule will be posted by the agency in August to take effect for the fiscal year beginning Oct. 1, 2023.
Keywords: Lithotripsy, Policy, Atherectomy, Diagnosis-Related Groups, Medicare, Mitral Valve, Medicaid, Feedback, Inpatients, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, U.S., United States, ACC Advocacy
< Back to Listings