QPP News and Updates
ACC Advocate Newsletter: Get QPP updates straight to your inbox. Sign Up >>
UNDERSTAND the Quality Payment Program
CMS released the 2018 Medicare QPP final rule, addressing participation requirements for 2018 and future years under the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and the Advanced Alternative Payment Model (Advanced APM) pathways created by MACRA. Policies under the final rule are effective as of Jan. 1, 2018, the start date for year two of QPP. Learn more.
All participating physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, and certified nurse anesthetists must participate in one of these tracks to be eligible for Medicare payment incentives:
1. Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
2. Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
Clinicians will be measured on four core categories (for both the MIPS and Advanced APM tracks):
• Improvement Activities
• Advancing Care Information
• MIPS Alternative Payment Model
Payment Adjustment Timeline
As of July 1, 2015, clinicians began receiving a 0.5 percent annual payment increase to Medicare payments. This payment increase will continue annually until Dec. 31, 2018. Starting in 2019, clinicians will receive payments based on their participating in one of two pathways: MIPS or an Advanced APM.
Looking Back to 2017
The 2017 QPP performance period ends March 31, 2018, but you can revisit all of the 2017 resources you need through the CMS resource library.
PARTICIPATE in Quality Payment Program Implementation
EXPLORE Quality Payment Program Resources
Cardiovascular Quality Measures
Numerous ACC/American Heart Association measures are approved for Quality reporting under MIPS.
• Review a list of cardiovascular quality measures
• View the list of ACC Outpatient Registry MIPS Measures.
• View the list of ACC Outpatient Registry QCDR Measures Specifications.
Cardiovascular Data Registries
ACC's PINNACLE and Diabetes Collaborative Registries can help you fulfill MIPS requirements for Quality, Improvement Activities and Advancing Care Information.
• PINNACLE Registry
• Diabetes Collaborative Registry®
ACC Quality Improvement Resources
Check out ACC’s Quality Improvement for Institutions program. Track clinical performance data, submit evidence
of completed quality improvement activities, and aid participation in clinical practice improvement efforts through the NCDR Clinical Quality Coach™ App.
Education and Meetings
• Watch ACC’s MACRA/QPP webinars.
• Prepare for payment reform at the CV Summit.
• Learn about legislative action and QPP
implementation at ACC’s Legislative Conference.
• Watch video interviews discussing QPP with
key figures in health care.
• Access CMS QPP webinars and events.