QPP News and Updates
ACC Advocate Newsletter: Get QPP updates straight to your inbox. Sign Up >>
UNDERSTAND the Quality Payment Program
Through annual rulemaking, CMS sets participation requirements for clinicians enrolled under the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and the Advanced Alternative Payment Model (Advanced APM) pathways. The QPP performance period begins Jan. 1 each year. Learn more.
All participating physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, and certified nurse anesthetists must participate in one of these tracks to be eligible for Medicare payment incentives:
1. Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
2. Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
Clinicians will be measured on four core categories:
• Improvement Activities
• Promoting Interoperability
(Formally referred to as Advancing Care Information. Requirements remain the same)
Payment Adjustment Timeline
In 2018, clinicians received a 0.25 percent annual increase to Medicare Part B payments. Starting in 2019, clinicians will receive an additional payment adjustment up to +/- 4% based on their participation in either the MIPS or Advanced APM pathways.
Looking Back to 2017
PARTICIPATE in the QPP
EXPLORE Quality Payment Program Resources
Cardiovascular Quality Measures
Numerous ACC/American Heart Association measures are approved for Quality reporting under MIPS.
• Review a list of cardiovascular quality measures
• View the list of ACC Outpatient Registry MIPS Measures.
• View the list of ACC Outpatient Registry QCDR Measures Specifications.
Cardiovascular Data Registries
ACC's PINNACLE and Diabetes Collaborative Registries can help you fulfill MIPS requirements for Quality, Improvement Activities and Advancing Care Information.
• PINNACLE Registry
• Diabetes Collaborative Registry®
Alternative Payment Model Resources
The shift toward a value-based health system is driving more clinicians toward participation in APMs, but knowing how and when to participate in an APM can pose significant
challenges. Use the resources below to navigate the APM landscape.
• ACC APM Hub and Framework
• Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative Support
• CMS Help and Support
Education and Meetings
• Watch ACC’s MACRA/QPP webinars.
• Prepare for payment reform at the CV Summit.
• Learn about legislative action and QPP
implementation at ACC’s Legislative Conference.
• Watch video interviews discussing QPP with
key figures in health care.