The mission of the ACHD FIT WG is to advocate for ACHD fellowship training and support ACHD FITs in their career path.
The objectives of the ACHD FIT WG are:
- To provide a means for professional interaction, problem solving, and discussion of professional issues among ACHD fellows.
- To provide educational programs and support for the purpose of professional development.
- To provide improved access and education about the American College of Cardiology (ACC) activities, especially those of the ACC’s Adult Congenital and Pediatric Cardiology (ACPC) Council as well as the ACPC Section’s ACHD WG.
- To increase the opportunity for member participation in ACC and ACPC Section activities at the local, regional and national levels.
- To provide a readily accessible mechanism for ACHD FIT cooperation.
- To provide a network to rapidly gain member feedback on issues of concern to ACHD fellows.
- To provide an organized structure for turning feedback into working contributions to advance ACHD fellowship training and ACHD FIT wellbeing.
Each trainee enrolled in a two-year ACHD fellowship program and holding the status of ACC ACPC FIT member is eligible for membership in the ACHD FIT WG. In order to join the ACHD FIT WG listserve and qualifying for governance of the WG, an eligible trainee ought to opt in by registering with the WG. To register, please contact Olivia Kranz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
ACHD FIT Resources
- Educational Resources
- ACC Congenital Heart Disease and Pediatric Cardiology Clinical Topic Collection
- ABIM ACHD Board Page
- ACHD ABIM Curriculum
- ACHD Learning Center
- CHiP Network
- Cove Point Foundation
- The Alliance for Adult Research in Congenital Cardiology
- Pediatric Heart Network
- ACCF/Merck Research Fellowships in Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiometabolic Disorders
- AHA Research Awards
- NCDR’s IMPACT registry
- ACC FIT Career Development
- ACC Cardiology Careers Job Search
- ISACHD Job Listing
- JAMA Career Center
- Physician Job Board
- Practice Match
- NEJM Career Center
- American College of Cardiology Adult Congenital and Pediatric Cardiology Section
- International Society for Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ISACHD)
- Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA)
- American Academy of Pediatrics Section on Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery
- The Pediatric and Adult Interventional Cardiac Symposium