Tobacco 21 is a policy that aims to raise the legal age to purchase nicotine and tobacco products to 21. Tobacco 21 legislation has passed in over 300+ localities and statewide in California, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Oregon.
Use these resources to promote or introduce Tobacco 21 efforts in your state:
- Review Tobacco 21 developments in your state.
- Connect with your ACC Chapter.
- Host a practice visit.
- Contact your state legislators.
- Look up your legislators' contact information at ACC.org/AdvocacyAction.
- Write a letter to the editor in your local publications.
- View this example of a letter to the editor from an ACC member. Contact Katie Glenn at KGlenn@ACC.org for more information on how you can promote Tobacco 21 through a letter to the editor.
- Contact your ACC State Affairs team at AdvocacyLeg@ACC.org for more information on how you can take action on Tobacco 21.