Licensing the AUC algorithms to a wide set of CDSM vendors provides members and their institutions with choices in how to meet the AUC program requirements. All licensees of the ACC AUC algorithms use a standardized set of ACC content to ensure consistency in how testing appropriateness is determined. These vendor partners are expected to integrate the ACC cardiology content with AUC content from other specialties to offer a comprehensive solution for meeting program requirements. These solutions vary from fully integrated electronic health record solutions to web-based and app-based technologies to allow practices flexibility.
CMS has determined that all CDSM vendors need to:
- Make available AUC developed by a Provider-Led Entity (PLE), such as the ACC
- Identify the AUC criterion consulted that is relevant to the patient’s specific clinical scenario
- Make available AUC that reasonably address common and important clinical scenarios within all priority clinical areas
- Incorporate specified AUC from more than one PLE
- Determine which imaging modalities are consistent with the applicable AUC
- Generate and provide reporting of AUC used, and the parameters of each order, on at least an annual basis, and, maintain electronic records for 6 years
CMS also requires that at least one free tool be made available; several vendors have developed this option.
ACC CDSM partners are all striving to provide each user with a variety of options to meet their needs including EHR integrated CDSM to the free portal. Our current partners being updated on a regular basis. Currently, our CDSM partners are:
- AIM Specialty Health (AIM)*
- Applied Pathways
- National Decision Support Company*
- Siemens Healthineers
- Stanson Health