Webinar: Cuidados Criticos Cardiovasculares en Latinoamerica | Critical Care Cardiology in Latin America
This webinar addresses key factors of the evolution and current state of critical care cardiology as a specialty in Latin America. Discussions will focus on expert opinion, contemporary local studies and evidence published in the field highlighting present-day needs and the challenges that clinicians, trainees and cardiovascular team members face in the care of the patient with acute cardiovascular disease in Latin American countries.
Issues and solutions discussed in the webinar will benefit the clinical and academic communities in Latin America thus translating into improving patient care, better access to medical therapies and inclusion of patients from Latin American countries in research endeavors to better understand how science can be adapted to their local needs.
Key Objectives/Learning Outcomes:
- To further awareness of how acute cardiovascular conditions affect the population in Latin America by highlighting epidemiological data regarding acute myocardial infarction, cardiogenic shock, cardiac arrest, endocarditis, ventricular arrhythmias, and any other conditions requiring CICU admission in Latin America
- To inform clinicians, trainees and cardiovascular team members about the numerous opportunities and venues available through ACC membership to enhance their academic, professional, and networking opportunities
- To review the biggest challenges for practicing clinicians, cardiovascular team members, and hospital leaders to provide appropriate care in critical care cardiology in Latin America and discuss strategies to help address those challenges and improve patient care and medical education through collaborative networking and mentoring through the ACC
- To discuss strategies to improve access to education in critical care cardiology to medical students, residents, fellows, nurses, technicians and practicing clinicians tailored to the needs of the region, including online teaching, hands-on simulation training, consulting, lectures and webinar series addressing various key topics in critical care cardiology
- To brainstorm ideas to improve collaboration and networking between the ACC Critical Care Cardiology Section and the national and regional cardiology and critical care societies in Latin American countries
- To assess the most pressing research needs in critical care cardiology in Latin America while exploring ways to enhance research endeavors, including the development of local registries, clinical trials and greater participation of Latin American countries with current ongoing research projects associated with the ACC and ACC critical care cardiology council
- To propose a framework to develop and execute conference and lectures, led by the ACC, addressing topics in critical care cardiology tailored to Latin America
- To promote the educational and scientific mission of the ACC as a global partner and the role of JACC family journals to enhance education and science
Pura Henriquez MD, FACC
Carlos L. Alviar MD, FACC
Robert O. Roswell MD, FACC
Valentin Fuster, MD, MACC
Alexandra Arias MD, FACC
No credit is being offered for this webinar.
Clinical Topics: Acute Coronary Syndromes, Anticoagulation Management, Arrhythmias and Clinical EP, Cardiac Surgery, Cardiovascular Care Team, Congenital Heart Disease and Pediatric Cardiology, Diabetes and Cardiometabolic Disease, Dyslipidemia, Geriatric Cardiology, Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathies, Invasive Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention, Noninvasive Imaging, Pericardial Disease, Prevention, Pulmonary Hypertension and Venous Thromboembolism, Stable Ischemic Heart Disease, Valvular Heart Disease, Vascular Medicine