Anticoagulation Center Meet the Experts
GCVI’s Anticoagulation Meet the Experts Webinars
Welcome to the GCVI Anticoagulation Center’s Meet the Experts channel! We invite you to both listen to leading ACC and global thought leaders speak on the latest ACC.21 LBCTs and science and engage with those experts through online webinars.
Webinar 1: Stroke in Atrial Fibrillation 03.24.2021
Activities will include lectures, patient cases, and a panel discussion with Dr. Geoff Barnes, Dr. Gregory Piazza, and Dr. Anastasia Armbruster. Topics include: special considerations for anticoag in AF including renal dosing, obesity, and drug-drug interactions; Technology-based interventions to identify/improve anticoag for AF; and Management of anticoag-related bleeding in AF.
Webinar 2: Stroke in Atrial Fibrillation 06.08.2021
Activities will include lectures, patient cases, and a panel discussion with Dr. Megan Coylewright, Dr. Geoff Barnes, and Dr. Fred Kusumoto. Topics include: Screening for AF: new technologies and thresholds for treatment; Comorbid AF and CAD: how to select the best combination of antithrombotic medications; and Left atrial appendage occlusion: selecting the most appropriate patients.
Webinar 3: Stroke in Atrial Fibrillation 09.28.2021
Activities will include lectures, patient cases, and a panel discussion with Dr. Geoff Barnes, Dr. Mintu Turakhia, and Dr. Fred Kusumoto. Topics include: Bleeding Risk and Anticoagulation in Afib; How Much Afib is Enough to Warrant Stroke Prevention; and DOAC use in Special Populations.
Webinar 4: Venous Thromboembolism Treatment 11.02.2021
Activities include lectures, patient cases, and a panel discussion by Dr. Geoff Barnes, Dr. Lana Castellucci, and Dr. Gregory Piazza. Topics include: Avoiding Hospitalization for Low Risk PE and DVT; Secondary VTE Prevention: Who to Treat and What Agents to Use?; and Preventing VTE in COVID-19: What does the Data Tell Us?
* Funded through an Independent Medical Education Grant by Pfizer Inc. This is an independent medical education program supported by an educational grant from Pfizer. All program objectives, content, and activities are overseen by the ACC to ensure alignment with latest evidence and practice guidelines.
- JACC: Advances
- JACC: Asia
- JACC: Basic to Translational Science
- JACC: CardioOncology
- JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging
- JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions
- JACC: Case Reports
- JACC: Clinical Electrophysiology
- JACC: Heart Failure
- Current Members
- Campaign for the Future
- Become a Member
- Renew Your Membership
- Member Benefits and Resources
- Member Sections
- ACC Member Directory
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Anticoagulation Management
- Arrhythmias and Clinical EP
- Cardiac Surgery
- Chronic Angina
- Congenital Heart Disease and Pediatric Cardiology
- COVID-19 Hub
- Diabetes and Cardiometabolic Disease
- Geriatric Cardiology
- Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathies
- Invasive Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention
- Noninvasive Imaging
- Pericardial Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension and Venous Thromboembolism
- Sports and Exercise Cardiology
- Stable Ischemic Heart Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Vascular Medicine
- Clinical Updates & Discoveries
- Advocacy & Policy
- Perspectives & Analysis
- Meeting Coverage
- ACC Member Publications
- ACC Podcasts
- Online Learning Catalog
- Understanding MOC
- Products and Resources
- Image and Slide Gallery
- Annual Scientific Session
© 2023 American College of Cardiology Foundation. All rights reserved.