Douglas P. Zipes Distinguished Young Scientist Award
Douglas P. Zipes, MD, MACC
Established in 2005, the Douglas P. Zipes Distinguished Young Scientist Award is offered annually to recognize young physician scientists who have made outstanding contributions to the field of cardiovascular disease and who have amassed an impressive body of scientific research in either the basic or clinical domains.
One awardee will be selected each year and will:
- Be invited to present their scientific work at the ACC Annual Scientific Session
- Be recognized at the Annual Convocation Ceremony
- Receive a monetary prize of $1,000. Travel, housing and registration expenses to attend the ACC Annual Scientific Session will also be provided.
- The recipient must be no more than 12 years removed from receipt of first doctoral degree from an accredited U.S. institution or comparable international training program.
- The recipient does not necessarily need to be an ACC member at the time of nomination.
- The awardee may not be widely known.
Nominations are invited from:
- Both the membership and from the wider national/international community
- U.S. and international cardiovascular organizations, and
- U.S. and international medical schools and/or cardiology departments.
To submit a nomination, the following must be received by Aug. 8, 2022:
- A nominating letter submitted on letterhead summarizing the curriculum vitae, highlighting those accomplishments that are relevant to the award
- No more than three supporting letters submitted on letterhead
- Nominee's curriculum vitae
- Nominee's list of top 10 (ten) publications and
- Description of nominee's research interests and professional experience relevant to the award.
The nomination packet, including letters, curriculum vitae and other materials, may be sent by email to Kristin Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the Douglas P. Zipes Distinguished Young Scientist Award, please contact Kristin Robertson at email@example.com.
All nominations must be received by Aug. 8, 2022
Watch the 2022 Douglas P. Zipes Distinguished Young Scientist Awardee Fatima Rodriguez, MD, MPH, FACC discuss her science and advice for future cardiovascular investigators.