As the current chair, I would like to welcome you to the ACC PD & GME Section (formerly the Cardiovascular Training Section)! The mission of the Section is to facilitate the training of the future cardiovascular physician workforce and to serve as a resource for salient cardiovascular education and training issues.
ACC PD & GME Section members include physicians, fellowship trainees, program administrators, and the multiple cardiovascular team members who are engaged in education and training of the Fellows in Training (FITs) across the spectrum of cardiovascular disease.
- Bringing together stakeholders (including providers, educators, and learners) involved in the training of the future CV health care workforce.
- Developing an Educational Research Consortium and facilitating coordinated education research to advance knowledge of best educational practice in CV training.
- Developing and providing faculty development for educators in CV health care.
- Providing a centralized repository of tools and resources to assist Program Directors and Program Coordinators.
- Assisting Program Directors and Program Coordinators navigate program accreditation and recruitment.
The Section's mission is to facilitate the training of the future cardiovascular physician workforce and to serve as a resource for salient issues in the profession. Section members will also work within the College to advance cardiovascular science and practice through research and education, establish training criteria and guidelines and influence health care policy.
I look forward to working with you in the accomplishment of these goals.
Please contact Kristin West (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions and comments.
Gaby Weissman, MD, FACC
Chair, Program Directors and Graduate Medical Educators Section
RETURN TO TOP
Join the ACC Program Directors and Graduate Medical Educators Section — Today!
The ACC Program Directors and Graduate Medical Educators Member Section is only able to accomplish its mission through support from members. Members can join online by clicking here or by contacting ACC Member Care at (800) 253-4636, ext. 5603; or direct dial (202) 375-6000.
Already a member of the ACC Program Directors and Graduate Medical Educators Section? Click here to unlock the member exclusive section experience.
As our membership grows, so does the ACC PD & GME Member Section's opportunities to impact College policies and provide additional member benefits.