Most-Read ACC News Stories of 2021
As we close out another year, ACC is looking back at the top news stories of the year. While the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic continues to have a significant impact on the cardiovascular field, other news stories and guidelines also captivated our attention this year. Top articles include a Cardiology magazine feature on vaccine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia and COVID-19 vaccines, new guidelines for managing patients with HFrEF as well as ASCVD risk reduction in patients with persistent hypertriglyceridemia, and a story on recommendations for aspirin use for cardiovascular disease prevention. And, most recently, the ACC/American Heart Association (AHA) guideline on coronary artery revascularization has been a top headline.
Revisit the most-read stories by ACC members in 2021:
1. Vaccine-induced Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia (VITT) and COVID-19 Vaccines: What Cardiovascular Clinicians Need to Know
2. Is POTS a Long-Haul Post-COVID-19 Symptom?
3. ACC Issues Updated Guidance For Managing Patients With HFrEF
4. PARADISE-MI: Sacubitril/Valsartan Did Not Outperform ACE Inhibitor After MI
5. A Three-Dose COVID Vaccine Regimen For Immunocompromised Patients
6. Current Key Questions on COVID-19 and Cardiovascular Disease
7. U.S. Preventive Services Task Force Issues Draft Recommendations on Aspirin Use For CVD Prevention
8. ACC Issues Clinical Guidance on ASCVD Risk Reduction in Patients With Persistent Hypertriglyceridemia
9. Can PFO Closure Reduce Migraines?
10. ACC/AHA Issue New Guidelines for Chest Pain, Coronary Revascularization
Clinical Topics: COVID-19 Hub, Diabetes and Cardiometabolic Disease, Dyslipidemia, Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathies, Hypertriglyceridemia, Acute Heart Failure, Acute Coronary Syndromes, Anticoagulation Management, Arrhythmias and Clinical EP, Atherosclerotic Disease (CAD/PAD), Cardiac Surgery, Cardio-Oncology, Congenital Heart Disease and Pediatric Cardiology, Geriatric Cardiology, Invasive Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention, Noninvasive Imaging, Pericardial Disease, Prevention, Pulmonary Hypertension and Venous Thromboembolism, Sports and Exercise Cardiology, Stable Ischemic Heart Disease, Valvular Heart Disease, Vascular Medicine
Keywords: COVID-19, Cardiovascular Diseases, Coronary Vessels, Heart Failure, Stroke Volume, Cardiology, Myocardial Infarction, Immunocompromised Host, Hypertriglyceridemia, Thrombocytopenia, Risk Reduction Behavior, Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors, Chest Pain, Migraine Disorders, Valsartan, Aspirin
< Back to Listings