Advanced Healthcare and Analytics
Co-chairs: Jai Nahar, MD, MBA & Francisco Lopez-Jimenez, MD, FACC
The Advanced Healthcare and Analytics work group will promote and champion the use of analytics and artificial intelligence to help ACC and its members optimize the cardiovascular care journey and promote better cardiac health throughout the world.
Recommended Resources from ACC's Advanced Healthcare Analytics Work Group
Section I: Primers/Review Material
- A primer in artificial intelligence in cardiovascular medicine
- Artificial Intelligence in Cardiology
- AI in Medicine Primer (Part 1) with Dr. Anthony Change (AIMed)
- AI in Medicine Primer (Part 2) with Dr. Anthony Change (AIMed)
- Artificial Intelligence in Cardiology: Present and Future (Mayo Clinic)
Section II: Useful Journals
- Intelligence-Based Medicine.
Published by Elsevier. Intelligence-Based Medicine is a new journal that aims to create meaningful synergy between practicing clinicians and others (computer scientists, data scientists, engineers, cognitive scientists, entrepreneurs, etc) in deploying methods of artificial intelligence and human cognition in the practice...
Section III: Useful Educational Websites
Artificial intelligence in medicine. There are excellent educational resources which can be accessed after free registration.
- BRAINX Community
Machine learning in healthcare for good.
Section IV: Webinars and Presentations
- Emerging Frontier in Cardiovascular Care: Conversational AI &Virtual Voice Assistants
Jai Nahar, MD, MBA
AI Med Cardiology Conference, June 2019, Chicago
- AI Journal Club: Computer Vision: A Clinician's Third Eye
Presenter: Partho Sengupta, MD, FACC
January 28, 2021
- AI Grand Rounds: Algorithmic Heartbeat: Dawn of a New Era in Cardiovascular Care Delivery
Presenter: Anthony Chang, MD
April 15, 2021
Section V: Upcoming Events
- Medical Intelligence Society (MIS) Summit 2021 (Free registration)
Are you a clinician with an interest, education or dedication to AI and Data Science? Come join us and register now for this free event! The dynamic agenda consists of an AI primer, journal club discussions, talks, open forums, workshops, and keynotes.
Dates: Friday, July 30 and Saturday, July 31
- ABAIM AI in Medicine Review Course
This is a comprehensive, two-day course on basic concepts in artificial intelligence in clinical medicine and healthcare designed by a team of clinician-data scientists as well as clinicians with an AI focus and data scientists who are involved in healthcare.