The Geriatric Cardiology Member Section and Leadership Council shall consider all matters related to cardiovascular care-giving in relation to aging and treatment of older adults.
Such matters include:
- Clinical practice strategies and guidelines with respect to primary and secondary prevention
- Management across the full spectrum of cardiovascular diseases (including diagnostics, percutaneous coronary intervention, surgical interventions, device therapy, and medical therapy)
- Government and third-party payer relationships
- Research and funding
- Training and continuing medical education
- ACC publications
- Better synergy between cardiologists and the care team (i.e., primary care physicians, hospitalists, allied caregivers), and to
- Provide the Board of Trustees with regular opinions concerning developments in the field
The Leadership Council shall advise the leadership of the College on aspects of aging in relation to cardiovascular health, disease and treatment.