Welcome to your professional home at the ACC the Early Career Section! I would like to thank you all for your hard work during these challenging times caring for COVID-19 patients, and your continued commitment towards the care of our cardiac patients.
Through unending enthusiasm, hard work and creativity in education, research and innovation, early career members play a pivotal role within the College. We believe membership within the Section will help advance your personal and professional growth. Please look for the following in the coming months:
- Broad nonclinical competency programming throughout the year, including webinars and early career focused programming at ACC's Legislative Conference and Annual Scientific Sessions.
- Monthly ACC Early Career Newsletter.
- Updates on important individual and group accomplishments within the College.
- In lines with the "Quadruple Aim" of the College focusing on member well-being, a toolkit on burnout and wellness was created and can be accessed here.
- Videos featuring early career cardiologists detailing the challenges they faced during the COVID-19 crisis and solutions on how they overcame them.
Forthcoming meetings include ACC's Legislative Conference, taking place in October 2020 in Washington, DC, and ACC.21, taking place in March 2021 in Atlanta, GA. The ACC Early Career Legislative meeting, hosted in collaboration with the ACC FIT Section during the Legislative Conference, introduces members to advocacy matters and prepares them for Capitol Hill visits. The ACC Early Career Lounge hosted a number of incredibly relevant sessions during ACC.19, many of which will be expanded for the 2021 meeting.
We encourage your engagement, formal section membership and welcome your suggestions and feedback. You can reach Section leadership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poonam Velagapudi, MD, MS, FACC
Chair, Early Career Council
RETURN TO TOP
Join the Early Career Professional Section — Today!
The Early Career Professional Member Section is only able to accomplish its mission through support from members. Members can join online by clicking here or by contacting ACC Member Care at (800) 253-4636, ext. 5603; or direct dial (202) 375-6000.
Already a member of the Early Career Professional Section? Click here to unlock the member exclusive section experience.
As our membership grows, so does the Early Career Professional Member Section's opportunities to impact College policies and provide additional member benefits.